205 diesel fuel tank quickie

Nice and easy one this. How big is the fuel tank on a 1992 1.8 normally aspirated diesel pug 205?

Ta, Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett

================ My manual ('Lindsay Porter's Colour manuals') gives only one figure so presumably it's the same for all 205 models - 50 litres.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Hi,

The handbook reports 50l as well. Indeed, the truth is 44l "normal" tank, and 6 more ("reserve", when the light comes & stays on - sometimes it tends to blink on mine with 12l remaining).

HTH, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Excellent, thanks to you both. I should get 500 miles range then easily.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett

Hi,

That's what I tend to reach when I drive more 6 miles at a time. When I was on 70 miles trips (Home to school) I used to get around 5l/100 (a bit under

60MPH), this giving a theorical 880km (545 miles) range before the orange light came. Oh, I was refueling a bit before, for 'safety' reasons (I would have hated being out of fuel a Sunday night !).