205 Electrics Problem

Hi, I have just replaced the clutch on my 205 (1989 XR, TU3) as I lost all gears when the engine was running. Thats all fixed, no problem...

However, since I got the car back from the garage I have lost all power to the radio, have no reversing lights and have no dash board illumination. I have checked the fuses, and from what I can tell from Haynes, all 3 failures work of 3 different fuses, and they are all fine anyhow. It seems too much of a coincidence for 3 different electrical things to go at once, and especially as the car has been worked on recently for the new clutch.

Some bulbs do work on the dash - the green/blue headlamp indicators, battery warning etc... as do the lights behind the hazard/heated rear window/fog lamp switches. The ones that don't work are the ones that light up the speedo, fuel etc....

Has anyone got any ideas? I'm really hoping someone will say its one fuse somewhere, but I worry its not quite as easy as that....!

Huge thanks in advance,

Ed.

Reply to
Ed

If you wanna be on the safe side, why not check all the fuses? Only take

10-15 mins...

If that fails, take out the speedo dash and have a look at the wires behind it, to see if any have come loose...

I doubt it could be related to the clutch replacement as they would have no need to touch anything electrical

Reply to
Oliver

Reversing lights could be from disconnecting the reverse switch on the gearbox.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Anderson

Thanks - I'll look at the gearbox tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on. Still no closer to solving radio and dash lights problem!!!!!!! Aargh!

Reply to
Ed

Probably dropped an earth somewhere? Or crushed a cable getting the box off?

CoyoteBoy