205 front wings and mudflaps

Last year I had the bright idea of replacing my mudflaps. Now I can?t get the old bolts out. I?ve tried using screw removers but the bolts won?t shift and I am unwilling to drill new holes. My next option is to remove the front wings and use the old "nut and locknut" (see haynes) method on the inside ends of the bolts; but the wings seem to be welded on or covered in rustproofing so I want to check how to do it before proceding with the removal. Basically I?m sick of my car being covered in mud :( Please help!!!!!

Also on the GTi, when do the spotlights come on? with the full beams or foglights?

Reply to
Streltsky

the wings are bolted on but the problem is the sealer which effectively is gluing them on

Reply to
mindwipe

Wings are bolted and glued on. Cant remember the name of the glue stuff, but it's a right PITA to shift. I wouldnt bother if I was you. Get a pair of molegrips and give those bolts some abuse - they'll either undo or snap!. If they snap just drill em out.

The lights are driving lights ie come on with main beam

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I think the extra lights on the 205 are driving lamps so they should come on with the main beam. At least that was the way my old D turbo was set up.

Reply to
Phil Cook

Cheers, will probably drill them out and glue on a new nut to screw the bolts into because the heads sheered off.

Reply to
Streltsky