205 GTI - MI16 conversion - oil temp sender

Hi Guys,

Haven't posted here in a loooong time (I'm ashamed to say after my 3rd

205 i got demoted to a rover 200...), but i've recently got my mits on a sorrento green 205 GTI MI16 conversion (from a bx) which has given me no end of puzzling over which bits are from which car... but its well worth the time and effort :)

Anyway, down to business...My oil temperature sender has decided its time to die and dump oil all over the road (its leaking through the sensor body itself, not just a dodgy washer), so I'm looking for a replacement. I've noticed the oil temp gauge never really goes up very high, even when its really thrashed it'll only go up to the 2nd or 3rd mark on the dial, which I wouldn't expect as there's not an oil cooler fitted. I'm wondering if the standard GTI lump uses a sensor with a different resistance to the MI16's? If so I'm guessing the GTI sender wont fit in the MI16 sump without some kind of adapter? And if anyone happens to have the peugeot part number for the correct sender (or even a spare one knocking around?), it would make my day!

TIA

-- Andy

Reply to
stealthf0x