205 gti wiring question

Hi.

I am trying to wire an alarm on my 205 gti however I can't figure out which connector in the fuse box is for the interior light. I need to know this to fit the alarm. Can anyone give me a clue? I have tried figuring it out with the Haynes manual but I am useless with wiring diagrams. Just to let you know I have the later version of fuse box. Cheers in advance.

James

Reply to
Anna

open the door, ans remove each fuse in turn until the interior light goes out..voila..... most alarms are set to trigger the voltage drop when an intruder opens the door and the interior light is switched on,....and since the alarm has its own built in fuse for this circuit you can connect the wire directly to the interior light itself, check wether or not you need to use the positive or negative side of the interior light, (i know gemini alarms use the negative side of the interior light circuit for voltage drop sensor) if this is the case you can connect to the pin switch in the door frame...............

Reply to
steve

Cheers Steve. I knew which fuse it was but can't work out which wire it was amongst all those other ones! I am still a bit confused though. My alarm needs to be connected to the positive side, so where would i connect it? Any ideas?

James

Reply to
James

[...]

ok forget looking behind the fuse box, it will be there somewhere but along with about a thousand other wires, the best place to connect it is directly where the wire is plugged onto the interior light iself in the roof...use a blunt screwdriver and pop out the light unit and inside you will find 3 wires.....only one of these will be live..the other 2 are earths, one of them is connected to the door pin switches to operate when the door is open, and the other is connected directly to the cars body to allow you to manually switch the light on via the switch on the light unit...

Reply to
steve

Reply to
Mindwipe