205 starter motor

When i go to use my little 205GTI sometimes i turn the key and all i hear is the fuel pump prime`ing..... Nothing happens at all ....?

Then i keep repeating this turn ignition off... then on and after a while the car just starts....?

The battery is ok..

I also sometime roll the car foward as i think this may turn the starter motor and free it.. but this often does nothing ?

Is it worth getting the starter motor change... it seems to be well hidden inside. !

Reply to
Paulinho

It sounds like the solenoid sticking in the starter motor. The next time it doesn't start try giving the starter motor a rattle with the plastic handle of a larger screwdriver (or something similar) then try starting the car again. If it then works then it most probably a sticking solenoid. Replacement starter motor is the only option as I believe they are sealed units.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Well it seems despite my tester saying the battery was ok... it wasn`t..... It`s an odd thing really.... i woud turn the key and nothing..? again..nothing.... then again and it would start fine...?

I put a new battery on and it flys over now

:-)

Reply to
Paulinho