205D water in fuel light

I?ve never had the "water in fuel" light come on in my 205d, even when my old engine died dramatically with all the fluids everywhere.

It?s an August 1991 205 1.8 Diesel Style.

Am I missing the circuit or is it broken?

It?s the only light that I?ve never seen on except the worn brake pad light for which I?m certain the curcuit is broken (before my ownership time).

Reply to
Streltsky

My old 1994 Citroen Xantia frequently showed the 'water in fuel filter' light. Asked a main dealer man and he said it's a common quirk and if it worries people they disconnect the lamp. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Similiar problem on my old 1996 306 problem was due to a faulty sensor which i should have had disconnected as the relpacement part was expensive.

Reply to
dutchman

Had a similiar problem on my 1996 306 due to a faulty sensor. I should have had just the thing disconnected as the replacement part was expensive.

Reply to
dutchman