206 Aerial

Hi, Some little sod just broke my roof aerial, it's fitted to the rear of the roof and I am having trouble replacing it.

I bought a new aerial for it, but getting the old one off is the problem.

I tried to unscrew it but it kept going round and round. Next I removed the rubber sheath at the base of the aerial to get a better look. there seems to be two nuts and both turn together, so I am guessing that the bottom one has come loose from the base mount. do I just need a couple of small spanners to get the aerial off or is there something more to it before I go ahead and break something.

TIA Dave

Reply to
smiffy

I shouldn't imagine that it's much more than what you've observed, one clamp nut and a lock nut. Go for it gently. What does the new aerial look like? If it looks like it might just be held on by a nut then you've got a pretty good clue as to what to expect.

Reply to
malc

Thanks Malc, turns out the thread in the aerial mount was knackered so fitted a new one.

Just had the mileage display go out on me, don't know if its just a bulb or something more. wouldn't know would you? I will post this anyway.

Reply to
smiffy

Sorry, I've no idea.

Reply to