206 Battery Problem

Need serious help!

Car wasn't starting if we didn't run it at least once a week, changed a new battery just 2 months ago but still having the same problems.

Car is parked in an underground garage so it can't be because of the weather - but we still have to jump start the car even if we haven't driven it for just a week.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Haz

Sounds like a drain is present. Gadgets - radio, alarm, remote locking etc.. all draw a small amount which can flatten a battery over time. However, if this is a new problem, I'd get an auto electrician to check for problems, possibly with the charging circuit.

Once a lead-acid battery has been flattened, if it's left like that for a while, the plates can sulphate, and the battery capacity is reduced.

Good luck, Andy

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

Thanks for the help Andy.

Never asked a specified auto electrician to check before - always brought it in to the garage and they'd just look at the battery.

keep u posted

Reply to
Haz