206 drop linkage

Hi

I was hoping somebody could shed some light on a problem I seem to have... I have just been advised that the drop link ball joints on my

2000 206 GLX have become worn and have a fair bit of play in them. The mechanic says it's not an urgent issue but that they will probably require replacing quite soon. Can anyone tell me how I am likely to notice that this needs to be done (i.e. will the car suddenly slew across the road and into a ditch, or will it be more subtle!) Also, are we talking hundreds of pounds to have them replaced?

Many thanks

Greg

Reply to
G_Samuel

The first thing you'll notice is a knocking noise over bumps, which will get worse as it wears. It won't affect the handling to the extent of you going "Off=road"!! Around £20 to buy, I think, and around half an hour labour. (each).

Reply to
Nigel