206 hand book

Hi I just thought I'd pass on this useless information. Having just had the recall letter with regard to the brake peddle on my 206 I rang to make an appointment for the work to be carried out, whilst I was on the phone I asked if I could purchase a hand book for the car, having lost the original during a move, The very helpful reception informed me that they were like rocking horse s**t and that even new cars arn't being supplied with them. It appears that peugeot have had such a run on them that they have had to go to re-print and even they don't know when they will be available. Thank god I didn't want anything important. Lyn

Reply to
LYN

Yes and they have stopped supplying handbooks for 405's - OK, its a car which ceased production in 97 but still seen (very frequently). In fact I see "F" reg 405's often (that's 1988). A tribute to the galvanised bits!

Anyone out there willing to lend./sell their 405 handbook. Late 96 model.

Reply to
wains

Hello,

They handle well and are reliable. My mum's '88 405 still starts at first try, and runs like a bullet.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T