206 Hdi Knock

My 20000 mile 205 has recently developed an obvious knock. It is difficult to pin point but is 'half engine speed' I would say. The knock is apparent at tick over and just above, after that it is not audable. Any ideas?

Reply to
Fegla Fach

Bottom end possibly? How often have you changed the oil? 20,000 miles on a 205 indicates it doesn't do much annual mileage and consequently the oil and filter should have been changed every 6 months.

Reply to
Peter

How many HDi 205's are there? Not many, I'd wager!

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPONiX

the header says 206 though mate

Reply to
Mindwipe

Half engine speed would indicate something relating to or driven by the camshaft wouldn't it? Is it really a solid knock or more of a tapping noise?

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

Sorry 206, my hearing is quite good (knock knock), but my typing is terrible.

Reply to
Fegla Fach

Thanks to all who answered. It is not a heavy knock but a bit more than just a rattle (Like injectors) As to oil changes, I do not trust the 12000 mile interval, and always change the oil every 6 months, for me thats less than half the mileage.. I use Millers Fully synthetic. New filter every time. I never use 'supermarket' fuel only Shell or Texaco and I use Millers diesel additive always..

Reply to
Fegla Fach

Try checking the valve clearances

Ron Robinson