206 headlight delay

does anybody here have a 206 with the feature that allows the headlamps to stay on for 45 seconds after leaving the car?.If so how do you get it to work?.

TIA Tommy Williams

Reply to
tommy williams

tommy williams once wrote in ...

The "show me the way home" feature.

I have my headlights set on full auto on my GTi so I don't know whether it's a function of that or not? You can cancel the "show me home" feature when you park up and switch the engine off by blipping the main beam.

Reply to
David Morris

The "Follow Me Home" function is activated by...

  1. Place the key in the STOP position
  2. Place the light stalk on the O position
  3. Flash the headlamps
  4. Get out of the vehicle and lock it

This info is from page 113 of my wife's new 206 SW.

Happy New Year

Reply to
John

If you *have* got auto headlights (and auto is on), "follow me" happens automatically though.

Reply to
David Morris

Thanks for the replies,I had tried the Auto headlight on feature but they never stayed on after turning the headlights/ignition off..I have tried the way John said and it works perfectly,again many thanks for the replies

Reply to
tommy williams