206 headlights not working

206 HDi 52 Plate: Headlights not working - sidelights and main beam fine. Does this model have dim-dip resistor and if so where is it located?
Reply to
gruneecaig

No it doesn't have the resistor. You may have the ground wire not plugged in. The black wire goes from the bulb connecter to the metal frame of the headlamp assembly. The yellow wire (yellow from memory) and also goes from the bulb connector, should carry on into the main loom. Hope this helps, Dan.

Reply to
tricky4000

Thanks for the reply it turned out that *both* headlight bulbs had blown!

Is it common for bulbs to blow in pairs on peugeots? Both the

106 foglights blew at the same time and the 206 blew a pair of sidelights a week earlier and now both the headlamps - I can't remember ever having pairs of bulbs blow together on any of the other makes of cars I've had.
Reply to
gruneecaig

snipped-for-privacy@kriocoucke.mailexpire.com wrote in news:1148332911.816994.263780 @u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

I've said it before, if you are not in total darkness when driving with lights, ie. around town not on a country lane, you never notice one blown, only when both are blown, especially with headlights. And thats the polite version.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

HAHAHA Stuart could be right. Although, the most common give away is when you pull up behind another car...then you can tell that your headlamp is blown. Good news for you gruneec...but just for the record, I've blown two headlamps on my 307 and both were at different times.

Reply to
tricky4000