206 Indicator switch

Hi,

Just reporting success with a fix to my indicator switch on my X-reg 1.9D 206. After 45K it was starting to indicate at inopportune moments :( This is a non-multiplexed 206 (It think!)

I took out the switch (remove 2x hex screws on bottom cover of steering column, switch is attached with 2x hex screws). The connectors come out very easily if you press the little plastic button on the side of the connector.

Opened the switch on the connector side (carefull, with a knife). Then the top. It's quite simple so even if the parts pop out you can put it back together.

The slide contact and the bits it contacts were covered in grease which had accumulated metal filings. This resulted in a measurable resistance, even when the switch was neutral. I cleaned the contacts and put it back together again. Check the light switch turns to all three settings after you re-assembled the switch.

You have to be carefull when you re-assemble the steering column cover, bottom clicks on first then top slides in and you can put screws in.

Works great again now.

Gerd.

Reply to
Gerd Busker

Glad you got it fixed :)

Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

:) I just could not get myself to go find out how much a new switch cost...

G.

Reply to
Gerd Busker