206 lights

There is no dimmer switch for the instrument lights on my 2001 206 look.

It looks like the instrument lights are dim plus the sidelights.

Any help please.

Reply to
caroline

They might auto dim depending on lighting conditions. What does the handbook say?

Reply to
Godfrey Wilkes

There is no dim switch so lets assume it has one so where is it located on the car. What position will the dim switch fail either or just dim. Does the dimmer also work on the side lights if they are put on in the daytime. .

Reply to
caroline

Yes tell us WTF you are on about.

Reply to
Family Jules

The dim switch appears to be an automatic on this car.

If it is where is it located so I can change it.

Reply to
caroline

The service department of the main Peugeot dealer says there is no automatic dim swith on a 206.

Reply to
caroline

Problem solved then??

Reply to
Godfrey Wilkes

No it isn't. The display dims to a preset level when the headlights are on. There is no adjustment.

Reply to
Family Jules

I don't know WTF you are on about 'sidelights' though.

Reply to
Family Jules

I'm confused :-(

Reply to
Godfrey Wilkes

The poor person is on about the dim for the dash lights??

Reply to
Chrs

Yeah but the person says the sidelights dim with the dash lights??

Reply to
Godfrey Wilkes

Never heard of that before.is it a old car or new if new take it back to the dealers and ask them about it..

Reply to
Chrs

I have an idea that Engrish is not thir first langwidge and what they mean by 'sidelights' is actually dashboard lights.

Someone else was on about this a few weeks back. The 206 has a preset level to dim the dash when the headlights are on. There is no actual dimmer control. It can be confusing if you don't know.

Reply to
Family Jules

When putting on the side lights the dash lights are dimming to very faint, it also appears that the side lights in the headlights is also dim when on sidelights >

Reply to
caroline

Have you looked at all the earth wires. also has the batt got FULL power, when you are doing this,are you doing it with car running or with engine off.?

Reply to
Chrs

Does the car start up ok?

Reply to