206 misfire

My peugeot 206 (year 2000, petrol model) has developed a misfire. i was driving along fine one minute then it started to misfire.

symptons: lack of power, poor idling and misfiring (sounds like fuel is igniting in the exhaust pipe but not loudly back firing out of the exhaust pipe)

I have re-newed the plugs, checked the valve clearances, compression tested the cylinders, checked that all the plugs are sparking.

Is there anything else i can check to rectify this problem before reluctantly taking it to a garage?

Thx in advance Redhotmax

Reply to
redhotmax

redhotmax ha scritto:

Try replacing the coilpack, it's a nasty one, its tendency to breakdown at about 70-80.000 km is well-known, the ugly part is that it usually fails only when hot, so when you test it out of the engine it seems perfect.

Maybe you can try with a coilpack from a wrecked 206...

Cia' Max

Reply to
'Roccia' Max De Poli

"'Roccia' Max De Poli" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Or just re-seat the coilpack - my 206 (at 130,000 km) suddenly deveoped similar symptoms and the mechanic "fiddled" and re- seated the coilpack (I don't know what exactly he did, I gave up fiddling with my cars when chewing gum and fencing wire no longer cured problems) and exit problem, still OK after 10,000 km.

Reply to
Julian Mattay

fit an "electrofil" make coil pack

Reply to
Mindwipe

thank you all very much for your help. you were all spot on - it was the coil pack.

Redhotmax Abingdon,(centre of the universe) England

Reply to
redhotmax