206 Miss-fire

Hi Folks,

I have a 1998 206, 1.4 GLX (8 valve).

Recently it has started to miss-fire when warming up. It seems to reach about 3000rpm then hits a mega flat spot throughout the rest of the range.

Initially I thought that a plug / lead might have been tracking, but I am now concerned because the oil cap is coated with mayonaise, and the coolant has gone a nasty brown colour.

The miss-fire goes once fully warmed up.

I suspect that the head gasket has gone...would you guys agree, and how difficult a job is it to change it?, the last head gasket I changed was on a Metro (A series!).

Cheers

Craig

Reply to
Craig Smith

hi try here

miner.-

Reply to
miner.-

Thanks miner...

Posted a query on there amd got a great response...

Reply to
Craig Smith

no probs i've just got rid of my 206, so i hardly ever come here these days

miner.-

Reply to
miner.-