206 radio code

Hi peugeot owners,

you responded so well to my last problem that i thought i'd try you with my latest one.this must happen quite often to a lot of people.

bought privately a second hand 206 registered in year 2000 with a standard factory radio. at the time didnt even think about the radio code. anyway since then i have disconected the battery and now have no working radio type 2030 due to no code. is there a way of sorting this or is it a garage job ? someone at work mentioned putting unit in fridge to freeze the chip. will this work ? and will it ruin the unit

thx in advance regards pete from Abingdon(the centre of the universe) near oxford england

Reply to
redhotmax

Do not bother with the freezer idea There are quite a few people around that could sort out the radio code for you, have a look in yellow pages or your local car audio dealer but they may charge. You might find that if you telephone your local Peugeot dealer they may be able to help. You may have to actually go and see them with the car and your documents before they tell you the radio code just to prove that its not been stolen. I had the same problem with a land rover radio and I went with the radio and the discovery and the dealer punched it up there and then on the computer and told me what it was all for free.

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

The freezer-trick only works on a certain type of coded stereo - the chances of yours being one of these, are slim to none.

Get your Yellow Pages out, and phone your local Car Audio places - it's a trivial job, and you can expect to pay around £10 to have it recoded.

Alternatively, your Peugeot Dealer can supply you the code - they may or may not charge you, and it may or may not be more than having it recoded as above.

Reply to
Nom

You would need the manufacturer's name, and type no. plus possibly the serial number. To get this you will have to pull the radio out of the dash, as the numbers are normally on one side. It will be a Clarion or Philips probably. Armed with this, someone here might help

Brian