206 spanner symbol?

Hi I have a 98 S 206 1.4 GLX and no manual! When I start the car a spanner appears saying 15200 (Miles I presume) The spanner goes off after about 5 seconds and the display returns to the actual mileage. Does this mean a service is due in 15200 or overdue by 15200 please. TIA

Alex

Reply to
Alex Cotgreave

Depends whether the mileage increases or decreases. The spanner symbol does indicate service intervals, 206 petrol engine service intervals are at 20k miles or 2 years.

So if your mileage indicator to next service decreases each time you start up then its that many miles till your next service is due. If it increases you've done that many miles more than the recommended service interval.

Reply to
Longshot

I had a 99 206 GLX a few years back and as far as I remember - if you are overdue the symbol flashes and the spanner stays displayed permanently.

It sounds like you have 15k miles before your next service.... although anyone can reset this display easily, so it is probably something you should have checked with service records (if you have any).

Reply to
Triple-S