206cc Gearshift knob

Can anyone help? I`m trying to replace my gearshift knob (manual transmission) Since now it was not possible to remove it from the bar.

thanx

*micha*

for eMail please remove the "_" in the mail address

Reply to
Micha Weidler

You mean it won't come off the gearstick lever, or you don't know how to go about removing it??

If it's anything like my 306, you have to unclip the the bottom of the gaiter first where it meets the centre console, then lift the gaiter up over the gearstick, then cut through the plastic tie wrap that holds it onto the gearstick - you'll probably need a flat-head screwdriver to prise the bottom of the gaiter upwards - the gearknob will then pull off - it takes a lot of strength and pulling, but it does eventually pull off - I can't say if the 206 is the same as the 306, but wouldn't imagine it's too different.

Reply to
Brainfire

Sure it is. Just open the roof, or you'll hit it when the knob suddently comes out :D

cia' Max

Reply to
'Roccia' Max De Poli

Just to add--- stand with your legs either side of the lever, that is one in each footwell(!!!) grasp the knob (!) twist 1/4 of a turn either way and pull hard, Mind your family jewels when it comes off!!

Reply to
nigel

Thanx - jewels are OK but now my chin looks like that from the Dalton`s ;-(

Reply to
Micha Weidler