306 1.4 PETROL STARTING FAULT

My wife has recently bought a Peugeot 306 (1.4 Petrol). This started to develop running problems where the car would stall suddenly. Now the problem has got worse. The car wont even start. This started over a week ago, where the vehicle was taking longer to start. At first we thought it was the battery. Having charged this up, the car started. Then starting became more difficult. The engine now turns freely but will not fire. I have noticed that the autodiagnostics amber coloured light on the dash does not go out when you crank the motor. I have heard that this light relates to either the fuel injection or the ignition. Without leaving my chair to venture out into the freezing weather and checking to see if there is fuel and sparks to the cylinders, does anyone have any first hand experience of this problem and could suggest the cure/parts required other?. My wife also stated that this light came on a few times when she was driving??. regards.

Mamba.

Reply to
MAMBA

when was it last serviced? also did the fuel filter get replaced? chris addlestone surrey

Reply to
Chris