306 1997 Turbo Diesel 50/50 Diesel Veg Oil

Hi, is it possible to run my 1997 Peugeot Turbo 306 Diesel on a mix of diesel and veg oil? Is so, what mix is the best? The engine has done 110000 miles and runs great. It has a CAt conerter on it but is not HDI (i.e. common diesel rail). Thanks.

Reply to
eevoob

eevoob wrote in news:1188051534.128678.34410 @x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Do a google on veggie oil. Seems to be planty of people doing it. Only problem appears to be what fuel pump is fitted.

Tunku

fitted.http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/>

Thanks....good reply... I`ll do the search ...............

Reply to
eevoob

fitted.http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/> >

There is a lot of confusion over the term "veggie oil". Some types of Bio-Diesel contain chemicals which attack rubber, and thus some types of seals in the injector pumps. If you are talking of using Straight Vegetable Oil, as in rape seed oil or similar, then this does not apply. What does apply is the higher viscosity of the oil, which might make cold starting on colder days very difficult if you use too high a concentration. SVO has a higher lubrication value than diesel, so that acts in your favour provided the concentration is not too high again.

Reply to
Brian

"Brian" wrote in news:OIaAi.21140$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-win.ntli.net:

colder

I run my 1995/7 306TD on (90% winter 100% summer)on bio-diesel from local garage There is a kit you can buy (Google [what else] for price and availability which is designed to make non-mineral diesel easier to use (its the glycerine which is the bugbear apparently)

I have an email from Peugeot which states that all their engines can run on bio-diesel but that HDi engines should pref have some mineral diesel in the mix . However local suppliers wife runs her Citroen ZX on 100% last 3 years with no probs (isn`t thsat a PUG engine ? )

Reply to
Gas Man