306 (1998 - XSi 2.0) - Dashboard problem

Hi,

Has anyone experience this problem:

Turned the car on one day and speedo not working rev counter not working petrol gauge not working oil gauge not working BUT trip and mileage working temp gauge working

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks

LeRoc

Reply to
LeRoc

voltage spike disconnect batt for afew seconds make sure you know your radio code first

Reply to
Mindwipe

Sounds to me like you've either had a voltage spike (as suggested earlier), or if this happens on a regular basis, then your alternator is on the way out, or the connections to it are knackered.

Reply to
JC

Try removing the shunt fuse for a few seconds.

Reply to
Nigel

Had this problem on my mum's 1998 1.6 Meridian, Dealer had to replace the dashboard binacle Luckily ours packed up while the car was still under warranty. Good Luck!!

Reply to
Norm