306 A/C question

A/C has stopped working on my 306Hdi (2001). I had the front pipe replaced last June and regassed and it worked fine after that. Now it's not working at all again. Anything obvious to look for before I take in for yet another pressure test? I'm sure that in the past when I've switched it on, the engine slows slightly but now there is no change at all.

TIA

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

"Len Cuff" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I have had the same problem, AC did not work so had a service on it including a pressure test => one pipe replaced and refilled. Then one year later the other pipe leaked. Driven with no AC since but I'll have it fixed soon. Hopefully the gaskets etc. are still ok and not dried out.

Poul

Reply to
Poul Dürr Pedersen

hi there

on 306's its a common fault on them the alloy pipes under the radiator rot away in the plastic clips some times the ac rads give up but not that often

take my advice if one pipe has gone renew both thay are both in the same boat you dont have to buy genuine ones there is after market ones for the 306

i hope this helps

Reply to
210mph