306 Alarm Unit?

What's the box under the rear seat on the drivers side in a 306?

It has all the curtosy light wires going into it as well as the central locking wires also.

Without any of it plugged in, the central locking doesn't work, nore does the interior lights.

But in the haynes manual it says the central locking unit is located under the drivers seat?

Am I missing something?

Oliver

Reply to
Oliver

kevin davis

so is that little thing the entire alarm unit?

I bought a replacement alarm you see and want to "swap" it out, I just wondered if I could just by replacing that unit with my new one.

Reply to
Oliver

thats the deadlocking /central locking unit the alarm ecu is under the drivers seat the deadlocking unit "pilots" the alarm unit

Reply to
mindwipe