306 Bonnet catch misbehaving

Hi all I have a '95 Peugeot 306 XSi with a bonnet catch that is misbehaving. It's not 'catching' when I shut the bonnet, so it's only the 'secondary catch' which is holding the bonnet down.

I've had a look at it and it may be an issue with the spring - which of course jumped out when I tried to bend it a little ;-(. Has anyone got access to a diagram or decent photograph of how these things are supposed to be arranged? A decent explanation would be a very welcome alternative ;-)

Thanks jon N

Reply to
jkn

Is it all clean in there? because if not it will not shut also make sure the lever in side the car is back at the start.and not in the pull postion. if you can try and shut the bonnet with out closeing the bonnet, you have to use a good old screwdriver slide the catch over to see if it is catching,also spray wd40 inside there as it is open to alsorts this day and age.

Reply to
Chrs

Don't know about the 306 specifically, but the catch often is adjustable. See if you cannot loosen the 2-3 bolts holding it and slide the catch a bit upwards. May do the trick.

Reply to
Ívar Pétur Guðnason