306 Broken Front Spring

I'd be grateful for any thoughts on this one. My wife's otherwise well behaved '98 306 cabrio (47,000 miles) apparently has a broken o/s front spring. As it's the first spring failure I've ever had - can anyone tell me what causes this - and should the n/s spring be changed too?

It isn't driven hard and the only recent work was that we had two new front tyres fitted a few days ago.

TIA

Steve

Reply to
newsonline

Just general wear and tear - a replacement will be cheap, so don't worry about it. These things happen :)

Yes, change both as a pair.

Reply to
Nom

Thanks for getting back to me - it's much appreciated. Both springs are being replaced today.

Steve

Reply to
newsonline