306 Central Locking

I have an N reg 306 D Turbo which is supposed to have an alarm fitted, I know it has an immobiliser because it has the keypad which I have to type my code in before setting off. However the hand book describes the locking operations with a key which has two buttons on. My key only has one button. When I press the button it locks the doors but the indicators don't flash so I don't think it is arming it.

Do you think maybe I have a replacement key rather than the original? And if so any ideas on how to set the alarm when locking up?

Cheers

Alex

Reply to
Alex

The way I understand it from the manual is that the second button on the remote is to deadlock the car, this means that the doors cannot be opened at all without the key (as apposed to being able to pull the button up from the inside, etc.). If you only have one button then it would imply that your

306 doesn't have this feature. As far as the alarm goes, it sounds like you don't have one. In the manual it talks about a switch on the right hand side of the stearing column that can be used to disable the alarm when the key is in the ignition, I would imagine if you don't have such a switch then you don't have an alarm.

I hope this has been helpful. I have recently bought a 306 myself and I have been finding new things on it that I didn't know about, so I've been learning quite a lot about it.

Dave.

Reply to
David Shepherd