306 Central Locking / Alarm - Indicators stay on

306 XRD M reg Nov 1994.

Mindwipe recently posted:

"on a 5 door 306 the alarm unit is under the drivers seat remove the seat pull back the carpet to expose the alarm ecu there will be 3 connectors one will have only two connections disconnect all 3 cut off connector on 2 way plug(red) and solder or crimp the 2 wires together thats it alarm is gone"

My (2 button type) central locking / alarm works properly except that the indicators stay on when the central locking unlocks the doors.

I am hoping that I can just cut (and insulate) the wires from the central locking unit to the indicators to overcome the problem.

Can anyone advise me which connector / wire colours need to be disconnected as I cannot locate a wiring diagram?

I am new to this group so I don't know if the group is already aware of the following site which contains various other Peugeot wiring diagrams.

TIA

Colin

Reply to
Colin

Just turn the chair, and grow Colin hair

hmm .. my N reg 306 alarm is also not working. Same thing happens - when i use it the lights do weird things. I asked about removing the lights from the alarm control unit but they told me if i did that the lights wouldnt work at all as its one integrated unit?

they said that id either need to get the ACU fixed or buy a new one and get it fitted. not amused! If you find a solution then I;d love to hear about it.

Reply to
David Beamish

I asked about removing the lights from the alarm control unit but they told me if i did that the lights wouldnt work at all as its one integrated unit?

Hi David,

Sorry no quick fix.

I found the wire codes for the alarm but there is no obvious way to isolate the indicators without more information and the relevant wiring diagram. No direct connection is shown between the alarm unit and the indicators.

I am almost certain that my fault is caused by burnt relay contacts which intermittently stick together.

Colin

Reply to
Colin

STOP!1!!111!! Colin time: