306 diesel fuel filler leak

My daughter's V reg 1.6 306 diesel estate leaks large amounts of fuel when filling and until the level goes down a bit. Local garage usually look after her quite well but his one seems to have them stumped. Have changed something- presumably the pipe from filler to tank - three times with different parts but still no cure. They have yet another part on order for another go on Monday A known problem to anyone? Can it really be that difficult?

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

I had this recently. The pipe that runs from the under the flap to the tank was split and diesel was dripping out at an ever increasing rate. I was away from home and hot-footed it round to a Peugeot dealers when it got to about one litre per hour. They replaced the pipe the next day as they didn't have one in stock. It cost me about 100 quid (20 quid for the pipe) but it hasn't leaked since. Knowing Pugeot there will be a knack to fitting it and some fiddly o-rings involved. :-(

Reply to
Phil Cook

Thanks Phil. Unfortunately the nearest Peugeot dealer is a bit too far away for easy access. She needs the car for work. Local garage is within walking distance! Once you have a car other means of transport don't seem to exist!

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

I had something similar when our 306 was returned from the garage following an insurance repair (front end damage fixed by our insurer's garage). Smelled a lot of petrol when it was delivered back - thought it was just the guy had been working with petrol. Filled up at the petrol station on the way home, paid, came back to car to see a huge puddle underneath.

Just caught the garage in time, they came with a replacement car, collected the old one and had a look next day. They said it was a split filler hose (somewhere between filler and tank) and replaced it for something £40 + VAT with no charge for the hire car. Couldn't prove it was their fault as they did no work on that part of the car - but personally was pleased with the result - wasn't expensive, and by the sounds of it, can just happen over time.

David Hearn

Sounds a very reasonable cost. I think my daughter has paid about £100 so far. Hopefully no more to come as they have so far failed to fix it. She's too far away for me to be much use in this case. Mind you I do get other calls on my labour and knowledge but not cars.

Dragon