306 display

When I turn the ignition on the mileage display shows the spanner symbol and "-0" (minus zero). Anyone have an idea what this means (besides take me to a dealer and pay lots of money!)???

Help much appreciated.

Incidentally, in one week: It's started leaking power steering fluid (steering rack or ram, had 2 different diagnoses so far).

Drivers side electric window stopped working (sounds like mechanism has become detached from glass, motor is working)

And now the display. Is it possible the display is reporting one of these faults?

Cheers, Rich

Reply to
rmn25

it means it needs a service, so yes, take it to a garage and cough up. there is a way of resetting it yourself, but not gonna tell you how, i think services are important.

Reply to
anon

RTFM

Reply to
Matthew

Cheers for that, REALLY helpful. It doesn't say what -0 means in the manual.

Matthew wrote:

Reply to
rmn25

It means that you are past your 'due service' mileage.

In other words, if your first service is due at 20000 miles, once you have driven 20001 miles and you have not had a service then it will show -0 and a spanner.

It is perfectly normal and well detailed in the cars manual.

Reply to
Matthew

Actually, could you tell us how to reset it??

My 307SW has just been returned, today, from a major Service, but the Garage hasn't reset it!!

Obviously the Garage should have reset it & obviously I'm entitled to go back & insist they do it. However, it is probably a lot less hassle if I just do it myself!!

Regards, John

an> it means it needs a service, so yes, take it to a garage and cough up.

Reply to
John J Burness

Google Groups:

reset+service+clock+peugeot.

Simple.

Reply to
Phil Cook

Ta, that did it!!

Regards, John

Reply to
John J Burness

Hi,

Nice. You could find a well-done "how-to" without a computer... Read the manual !

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Had it been possible to get that information, then I wouldn't have asked the question!!

The Handbook went missing sometime ago when the car was in a garage for one of its many, many visits (needless to say, the Garage denied knowledge).

Reply to
John J Burness

Hi,

So many people just don't read manuals...

I would have been pissed off !

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

The reset instructions are near the front of the manual

Reply to
greg dyke