306 Drivers Size Squeak at 30mph up

Afternoon,

Subject says it all really. This morning I jacked up the passenger side of my car to get a look at something, and later that morning I find what I can only assume to be the drivers side front wheel is squeaking at

30mph upward. It doesn't seem to be affecting driving and with music on I won't hear it, but I suppose there must be an explanation. Any ideas or anywhere obvious I can spray WD40 or oil?

Cheers, Tom.

Reply to
Tom Hawley

Does the tone change as speed increases?

I had a noise which started at about 35 mph, and it turned out to be a piece of plastic trim that was loose, playing a note in the wind. The tell-tale sign was the change of note (and onset speed road speed) when a decent headwind was present.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

Doesn't seem to change, so i'm still stumped..

Reply to
Tom Hawley

Could you have inadvertently caught the mudflap and moved/loosened it. I traced a noise on my 406 to that on a couple of occasions. It had a metal reinforcing strip that got bent.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

As heading. Maybe it's the driver's size.

Reply to
Budgie

After some 20 posts in this thread it still took someone pointing it out for me to notice. Everybody gains a little weight at Christmas ;)

Reply to
Tom Hawley