306 Estate - good car or problem car?

Hi - I've just put a deposit on a '99 306 LX TD Estate (88K but only £3400). Unfortunately, I've only just seen the Parker's UK Site Owner reviews

- of the dozen reviews, 80% were very negative. They site Brakes, tyre wear, Unreliable A/C and most surprisingly Engine problems. Is this just a bad set of reviews or is there a problem with this type? Surely all the things mentioned are common with all 306s - which seem to have VERY good Owner Satisfaction. Should I reject this car? All advice gratefully accepted!!!

Regards Malc

Reply to
Digiteer

I forgot to mention - I'm finally scrapping my '92 405 Turbo Diesel Estate that has done 220,000 miles (360,000 km) so know that Peugeot can may very good cars!

I selected a 306 Estate as being more like the 405 Estate than the huge 406 estate! I am just afraid that maybe they got it wrong based on such condemation from those Parker's Guide Owners.

Kind Regards Malc

Reply to
Digiteer

I didn't have a problem with my 306 estate (2001 meridian), I didn't want to get rid of it!!! the reasons for me selling it were that it was a 1.9diesel (non turbo) and it didn't go very well up hill fully loaded, the warranty was about to expire, and it was nearly due an MOT.

Never had any issues with the A/C, and the brakes (although they faded under very heavy braking) were very good, even filled front to back, floor to roof with camping stuff!!!!

Reply to
Roebear

father in laws 1997 306 diesel estate has now done 150,000 taxi use with no major problems

Reply to
Simon

Reply to
M. H. Greaves