306 front speakers

Hi all

I've just bought a '98 306 TD, and the kind soul who previously owned the car had removed the front speakers.

I've tried to fit the Alpine SPE-1702, but they seemed to be too deep for the door cavity!

I read in the 306 manual that the aperture uses 16.5cm speakers; some articles suggest 17cm and others 16cm.

What exact aftermarket speakers do any 306 owners reading this successfully use?

Any help and advice *greatly* appreciated.

TIA

-- sA

Reply to
southpawArcher

Try putting a spacer in first, there is quite a bit of room behind the grille for one.

Any car hi-fi shop will help you out, or cut a donut shape from 15mm MDF if you have the tools.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian Jennings