306 grinding noise in reverse

Hello,

i have a 306 xsi (95), when I put the car into reverse and go back steering either left or right when parking there is a loud grinding-type noise coming from the underneath. I've had the car into

2 garages and they cannot find what might be wrong. The noise can be really loud, I think it's coming from in front of the cab slightly left of centre. Has anyone got any ideas? This noise only happens when in reverse.

cheers

Reply to
Ian

Any similar noises or clonks when going forwards with full lock on? If so it could be the CVJs

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

it only happens when in reverse

Reply to
Icabod

Does it happen in reverse and not on full lock? I cant see how it can be gearbox related so casts suspicion on drive shafts, Wheel clearances etc. Are there any tell tale marks to indicate rubbing? Jack the whole front of the car up with the body on stands and see if it happens with the suspension unloaded.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

or loose fixings on the front arm rear mountings

Reply to
Mindwipe