306 HDI (W Reg) Low Pressure Fuel Pump

My car has intermittent starting problems that are getting worse. My local dealer has suggested that it is the low pressure fuel pump that sits in the fuel tank. Has anybody else encountered similar problems and, if so, how did you solve it? Is it an easy task to replace the fuel pump myself?

Reply to
Jon_S

dealer has suggested that it is the low pressure fuel pump that sits in the fuel tank. Has anybody else encountered similar problems and, if so, how did you solve it? Is it an easy task to replace the fuel pump myself?

not as easy as fixing the rule length on your news reader but it is an fairly easy job

Reply to
Marc

dealer has suggested that it is the low pressure fuel pump that sits in the fuel tank. Has anybody else encountered similar problems and, if so, how did you solve it? Is it an easy task to replace the fuel pump myself?

before starting your car in the morning try squeezing the fuel primer bulb a few times until it get difficult to squeeze. Then try to start the car, see how you go and post back.

Thanks

Konichiwa

Reply to
konichiwa

Reply to
mindwipe

The Bosch system doesn't, but the Siemens system does, as it doesn't have a low pressure pump in the tank.

Reply to
Nigel