306 Heavy clutch

Just wondered if a heavy clutches were a 306 "thing" ? as i've had two and they've both been quite stiff to push down...

any insight?

Reply to
Oliver

If it is a diesel I have found this to be the case. Bigger clutch plate?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

I have both a 306 and 406 diesel. The 406 clutch is hydraulic, whereas the

306 is cable and it's much heavier. I think it's just a 306 thing,

Neil

Reply to
Neil D

mines quite heavy , i was thinking about oiling/replacing the cable , but it looks like a bitch to get at ..

Simon

Reply to
SimonP

don't bother changing it if it is just heavy. changed mine and it made no difference.

Reply to
SimonDS

The cable thingy gets sticky on most 306's and if changed helps a little.

Reply to
John Deering

On RHD models, the clutch cable runs close to the exhaust manifold ( at least on the TD's - dunno about the petrol models), and this causes the lubricant in the cable to dry up, making the clutch very stiff. In this case the cable needs replacing, or it can snap.

That said, the clutch is relatively heavy compared to some cars.

Reply to
Albert T Cone