306- idle too high for a while then settles down

Hi my 306 has just started idling about 2k, its stays up there for about 30 secs and slowly returns to normal

Any idea?

Thanks Mark

Reply to
Mark

I had this on a Citroen zx (Which use the same engine and most parts) but never did find out what the problem was

Reply to
The Question Asker

Old car?

Mine idles about 1-1.1k early in the mornings, but goes back to good old 850 after a few mins...

Wouldn't worry about it as long as it still starts!

Reply to
Oliver

Just turn the chair, and grow Mark hair

mine does that too.. its a 306 n reg. its only doing it while its cold. I think its because it keeps therevs a little high so it doesnt stall until it warms up a bit.

Reply to
David Beamish

Mine nearly stalls when its idling and I don't know what to do.... Doh

Reply to
Carl Collins

thanks whats the chair comment all about?

Reply to
Mark

Just turn the chair, and grow Mark hair

newsreader adds it automatically..

dont worry about it.. if you dont recognise it you probably dont remember play doh! :)

Reply to
David Beamish