306 Immobilised - wont start - please help!!

I have a 1995 M reg 306 XLd 5 door, I bought it 3 months ago 2nd hand. I disconnected the battery today and this set off the alarm and now the car wont start. I see there is a key hole under the bonnet but i didnt get a key for that when I bought the car. The guy I bought it from said that the previous owner had had problems with the alarm and had had it disabled so he didnt have an alarm key but it appears he was wrong.

What can I do to get my car working?

I didnt get a blipper with the car either so cant use that.

I would like to totally disable the alarm now, leading into the alarm keyhole under the bonnet are 4 unmarked white wires, can I connect a few together to disable it? Any other ways to disable it?

Please help as I cant even start my car now and I need to get to work on Monday.

Thanks, Simon

Reply to
Simon Gillow

sounds very much like the alarm had a built in immobiliser, trace the wires, they will probably lead to the ignition barrel area where the starter wire will have been cut, and rewired into the alarm, simply disconnect these wires and join them back together, not sure exactly what colour they will be, that will depend on which wire the previous owner used to immobilise the car, but you should see 2 wires, the same colour, one will probably lead to the ignition barrel itself, and the other will lead into the wiring loom...... most aftermarket alarms, once you have dissconected the battery, will automatically be set in the armed position once the battery is reconnected...

Reply to
steve

does the starter turn over cos thats all the alarm interupts on a 5 door 306 the alarm unit is under the drivers seat remove the seat pull back the carpet to expose the alarm ecu there will be 3 connectors one will have only two connections disconnect all 3 cut off connector on 2 way plug(red) and solder or crimp the 2 wires together thats it alarm is gone

Reply to
Mindwipe

Thanks you both for your tips.

Thanks Mindwipe, I did as you suggested and now the car starts fine.

I have a Blaupunkt stereo and got a Clarion card with the car with a 4 digit unlock code, I can put the code in to get the radio working again but I suspect I have to push something after entering the code, does anyone have any idea what I should press?

Thanks, Simon

Reply to
Simon Gillow

Why a Clarion card with a Blaupunkt radio?? Anyway, it depends how you entered the code. Say it was 3241. If you put it in as 3241, then, no, you don't need to do anything else. If you had to push number one button three times, number two button twice, number three button four times and number four button once, then you have to confirm the entry by pushing number 6. Hope I haven't confused you too much!!

Reply to
Nigel

Thanks for the tip. I was a little concerned that I have a Clarion card for a Blaupunkt stereo as well, I hope its the right card. How many goes do I get to get the code right? How will I know if I have to push number 2 twice, etc? I dont have any radio manuals. Thanks, Simon

Reply to
Simon Gillow

Push a button, say 3. If the display shows 3, then it's the sort that you DON'T need to confrim. If it shows up zero, no matter what number you push, then it's the second sort, and needs confirming. Don't push more than three numbers when you're trying this, because I think you only get three goes. Then the radio locks out for an hour.

Reply to
Nigel

Mindwipe, thanks for your suggestion regarding the alarm, just saved me a potentially huge bill! Independant auto electrician was scratching his head over it and read your post while he was working on it. Then went back and told him how to do it, most amuzing :-) Still charged me for looking though, but it could have been so much worse... Much appreciated.

Reply to
vega

potentially huge bill! Independant auto electrician was scratching his head over it and read your post while he was working on it. Then went back and told him how to do it, most amuzing :-) Still charged me for looking though, but it could have been so much worse... Much appreciated.

Jeff :-)

Reply to
Mindwipe

I was the original poster and I also followed the instructions and the car now starts. Only problem is that when starting the car I sometimes hear a faint siren going off, how can I stop this? Which wires do I cut to stop power getting to the siren? Thanks, Simon

Reply to
Simon Gillow

its in the nsf wheel arch above the plastic trim(if fitted) or just remove the multi connector and allow it to die there :-)

Reply to
Mindwipe

I like the 2nd option...where is this multi connector?

Thanks, Simon

Reply to
Simon Gillow

Reply to