306 immobilizer conundrum

Hi

I have a 306 ST 2.0 Sedan (i.e. a 306 XSI with a boot!), and it has suddenley stopped working with a problem with the immobilizer programming (or so the road side recovery man said).

The conundrum I have is whether to

(a) take it to the local bodge it garage round the corner, who will do a pretty good job so long as it is not really an immobilizer programming problem

(b) take it to the extortionate peugeot garage who have ripped me off in the past, but will have the necessary rocket science to program the immobilizer

Given both will want money to even look at it, does anyone have an opinion on which is the safer bet.

Thanks in advance

Cloud

Reply to
cloud

Try the old fail safe re re-setting the immob.

Go to the back seat. Lift up the eat base as if you are going to flatten the seats. Put your hand under the bottom of the seat back at the centre. You will find two connectors hidden in here. Disconnect and reconnect these two connectors (you should hear a beep from the alarm). Try restarting again.

It may not work but it solved it for me.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason