306 instrument panel STOP light comes on ?

The instrument panel STOP light comes on 306 DL

The manual says Stop when it comes on with the Oil Pressure light, but that light does not come. The STOP can also come on with high water temperature but if Air conditioning is fitted the sensor is in the Bitron Unit. The temperature gauge shows what I would deem as being normal The problem is that as far as Haynes is concerned this unit is only refered to. I don't seem to be able to find out where it is or what the connections are to check it out.

By the way - the light only comes on occasionally. Sometimes if I switch off and restart it stays out, other times it stays on. Also the Air Conditioning does not work - probably out of gas.

Any help would be appreciated - TIA

Reply to
Maurice