306 interior heater tepid

306 1.8 Auto (94)

Interior heater is warmish but no longer hot. The coolant has been regularly changed and checked. New radiator was installed 3 years ago and all has been okay till now.

Car is not overheating. Have bled the air purge cap to no avail.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a blocked heater matrix. A common problem on 306's.

I guess you could have a go giving the cooling system a really good flush. I don't know but maybe there are cooling system cleansers on the market - worth a look. Failing that, try removing the heater matrix (not easy I know) and cleaning but if all else fails, sounds like a new heater matrix will be needed.

Stuart

Stuart Dalby