306 Leaking Roof

Hi everybody

Please help!

My dad and I both own a 306, and they have both started to leak in through the courtesy light when it rains. Neither car has a sunroof. I thought initially it was probably coming in through the ariel, but now after tightening the one on my car I'm not so sure.

Is this a common problem? Does anybody know the solution?

Any help greatfully appreciated!

Jon.

Reply to
Jon

In message , Jon writes

I have had this with 205s, when it has been the aerial ... and I have still to get around to mending it on my 405 estate where it comes in the rear interior light, courtesy of a mobile phone aerial there. Not so annoying in the rear though, only the cargo ever gets wet.

On the face of it, any water that gets in the front of the roof can end up coming through the courtesy light. The aerial is the obvious source. For myself I wouldn't exclude it as a suspect until I had siliconned the aerial.

Regards

Reply to
Dave English

Same problem on my 405...