306 leaky sunroof? Try checking...

...the drains in the front corners.

I drove down the road and as I went up the next hill I had a sudden influx of water - right into the controls for the sunroof/alarm receiver. This was how it must have failed the first time - nobody had thought to sort the leak out (I cleaned the electronics and now have a nice working remote lock).

The drains in the guttering under the sunroof must have blocked and allowed the usual seepage to pool in one corner of the car. When parked on a more level slope (level from left-right) the water must have drained through the free opening, but the one on the drivers side seems to have been blocked.

I'd tested it by pouring water into the guttering to check for leaks, but instead of flowing away, it pooled up - I had to quickly grab a cable tie and poke it down the drain hole to unblock it. Glug! It emptied - one more problem fixed! :)

Reply to
Rexx Magnus

A foot pump does the same thing, or a airline.

Reply to
Chrs

Neither of which were at hand at the time, and would have made water go down inside the car (and not just a little bit!) as it had pooled up to the rim.

Reply to
Rexx Magnus

Rexx Magnus wrote in news:Xns99F7C145CB578rexxdeansaund@130.133.1.4:

Well spotted !