306 LX Hdi 2000, air con as standard?

As above, would this model (late 2000 estate) have air con as standard for the UK spec? Been looking in Parkers guide, and it is rather ambiguous.

I am thinking of buying one but the owner doesn't think it has air con. I thought all models had it.

Thanks, Brian.

Reply to
brian

If the owner isn't sure if it has it, then it is pretty certain not to have been used, pipes will be leaking and expensive repairs certain.

Reply to
Mr Benny

I appreciate this, but the person I spoke to was not the owner, it is his father's car.

I was just wondering if air con should be a standard fitting.

Reply to
brian

My October 2000 What Car? states that the 306 LX has air con, but the L model doesn't have.

However, a no cost option of a sunroof instead was also offered.

May I suggest an alternative to a Pug? Maybe you could try the Xsara, it is mechanically identical, but a slightly more modern interior in my opinion.

Xsara are cheaper to buy so you may be able to afford a newer model. The new shape Xsara have air con on most models and the 2.0 HDI 110 engine (a little gem) is available.

The 110 is significantly quicker than the 90, but consumption is similar.

Reply to
Mr Benny

Thanks, I will have a look at a Xsara.

Reply to
brian

Anyone kow why the Xsara is a rather higher insurance group than the 306 (for equivalent engine)? 9 against 5.

Reply to
brian

I don't know why, I think the Xsara costs more to fix because it has more expensive features in comparison to the 306, eg 4 airbags in most models.

I understand they both have the same door locks, so it isn't due to security reasons. I guess then that the Xsara bonnet and bumper costs more, or that Citroen bodyshops charge more.

Reply to
Mr Benny

That's the reason. Insurance groups are based on repair costs.

Reply to
Phil Cook

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer, HDD problems just solved today.

It's a nice car... I've test driven a Mk1 Xsara Exclusive (the highest model here : AC, ABS, CD player...), it handles well but the brake pedal is just a bit too soft to me. It was a 1.8 8v, it was a bit too soft IMO, but I had three fat boys with me :-)

Cheers, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T