306 noise

I have a p reg 306 diesel non turbo .the problem is it a loud knocking coming from the engine like a diesel knock.i know its not the injecters .but when i removed the air intake cover i put my hand over each air intake port. on the number 2 port the noise stopped when the air is cut of . any ideas thanks .ps this is a loud noise not just a tappity noise.

Reply to
zoot