306 Radio (Clarion) problem - front panel does not respond but steering stalk does

HI,

My factory-fitted Peugeot 306 (S Reg) radio-cassette player (Clarion) seems to be faulty.

None of the front-panel controls are working but the remote steering column controls are working.

From what I can see on Google this seems to be a common problem - does anybody have any experience here?

Thanks,

Dave.

Reply to
David J Edgar

I had this problem a few weeks ago - poked around inside the cassette hole and it appeared to fix itself - at least for the moment!

Robert - also from macclesfield - maybe Cookson's do it deliberately?

Reply to
Robert Marshall

Yes - you can get the problem to go away for a while. Seems to be linked to the ignition.

The unit will work without the ignition on - if you turn the unit on and then turn the ignition to position 'A' the problem will occur.

Dave.

Reply to
David J Edgar

Replying to my own posting...

This problem is caused by a broken connection on the back of the PCB that is directly behind the buttons on the black plastic front. In my case the intermittent problem migrated to a permanent problem.

There are two connectors - one six way and one eight way - that need to be reattached. Simple to do if you have access to a soldering iron. Simply pull the radio half way of the facia and unscrew the black plastic front (two gold screws on each side) and re-solder the connectors.

Dave.

Reply to
David J Edgar