306 rear suspension

Hi Chaps.

My Girlfriends 306 is producing a creaking noise from the offside rear suspension, either when compressed or released. Inspection showed that the rear shocks were fairly rusty externally, so I've replaced those, optimistically hoping that would sort the problem, but no such luck - the noise is unchanged.

Anybody suggest what the likely culprit is? I've never done any work on the torsion beam stuff, and I'm not very familiar with what it could be, so advice is very welcome!

All the best, ATC

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Sounds like the rubber bushes are dry. spray wd40 around under there and it will stop it for a bit. then it will give u time to look more into it.

Reply to
Chris

Could be one or more of the suspension unit mounting bushes (there are 4 in all) or the bearings going in the suspension unit itself.

If the latter (more likely I think, if the noise is creaking rather than knocking) take a look at

whom I can personally recommend. Peter

Reply to
Eccles