306 remote central locking

Hi, After carrying a carful of stuff in my 306 Meridian (96) a while back, the r/c/l began playing up. Now the remote will not open the driver's door but it does open the passenger door, the rear doors and the boot. However, if I insert the key in the lock then it opens all the doors.

Any ideas as to what might have happened? If it makes any difference, the interior light does not work any longer. Is the driver's door on the same electrical circuit as the other doors?

C'mon, share your wisdom with me

Andy

Reply to
AT

I don't think there is any connection between the car-full of stuff or between the remote central locking and light glitches.

Does the interior light come on when you open the passenger door? Or is it off no matter what you do?

The failure of the driver's door to unlock could be down to a dodgy connection between the car and the door (a known problem area) or a faulty electric door lock actuator unit.

Reply to
Phil Cook

I think the bulb has died

Thanks, I'll have to check it when I have a chance.

AT